Agreements - Landlord and Tenant
We have extensive experience representing both landlords and tenants in all types of commercial property leases, including office buildings, retail shopping centres, industrial complexes, manufacturing facilities, warehouses, restaurants, condominiums and hotels. We have counselled clients in connection with a range of specialty leasing and financing arrangements, such as ground leases, sale-leaseback deals and lease-option arrangements. We also have substantial experience in the unwinding of leases, including early termination planning as well as negotiation and restructuring of documentation.
- Draft and review all offers to lease and related lease agreements and documents including standardized lease precedents, offers to lease, as well as lease and amending agreements
- Negotiating offer-to-lease/lease documentation for commercial, office, industrial and retail properties
- Structuring transactions and enforcement of landlord and tenant rights and remedies
- Preparing precedent project-specific as well as national forms of offers to lease and leases
- Securing operating covenants and restrictions